Wednesday 14 May 2014

Mandala Madness

I'm afraid I've succumbed like most hookers around me at the moment...I've just been unable to resist the colourful pull of the crocheted Mandala anymore. Despite not really knowing what they're for exactly,  except to use as a mat or pot holder, I still think they are really very very beautiful. 

Some of my faves are here on this fab blog 
Amazing Mandalas for home decor and more - Free #crochet pattern roundup on Moogly!

The combinations are endless, as are the types of yarn you can use, so it's a great way to use up some of those scraps we all have laying around. 

The lovely Lucy from Attic 24 is asking hookers and groovers from around the planet to send in a Mandala each. She has designed one herself and she hopes to display them all in a massive mandala yarn bomb/art installation at Yarndale this year. 

So I had to have a go. Here's my first one...


It still needs to be stiffened with PVA glue but I'll do that when I have a few...I have asked some of my lovely Barkham Hookers to have a go too so we can send in a group offering. Lucy is very clear on one thing...you can only send in one each! 

There was also a link to a beautiful Star Flower Mandala by Zelna Olivier on Lucy's page .....all these beautiful designs and colours just make me want to make hundreds of them and hang them randomly around my house, my garden, trees in the park....

mandala






I hooked up this one below last week with cotton...such a lovely pattern and oh-so-addictive...


There will be more...watch this space...







3 comments:

  1. Hello Gaynor,
    just popping by to thank you and your happy hookers very much for the wonderful stack of mandalas, they are beautiful!
    Will you be coming to Yarndale?
    Love Lucexxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucy I'm not sure what's happening in the ether but I posted a reply to you and it's not there so please don't think I've ignored your lovely comment...in fact I was DEEEEELIGHTED to get a reply from you as your name comes up weekly at my classes as someone who can be relied on for a fab blog and brilliant tutorials. Gutted that I won't make it to Yarndale this year but I did go last year and tried to speak to you but you were constantly surrounded by excited hookers so I didn't get a chance! Good luck with it all; I know it's going to be a great success again. Gaynor xxx

      Delete